Now that we’ve looked at some racks (more to come, don’t worry), we’re going to get into panniers.
There are a lot of brands of panniers on the market today, each pannier famous in their own niche, whether it be their quality, waterproofing, reliability, or price. What panniers are the best? What panniers are waterproof? What panniers are cheapest? We’re going to dive into the long list of pannier manufacturers and pick out some hot brands to consider when making your purchase.
Take the poll and comment on your selection. Sorry if your pannier isn’t listed, there are a lot of them.
Popular Bicycle Panniers on the Market:
- Famous for the GT-54′s and matching GT-18′s. Load up for the ultimate trek.
- 3,300 cubic inch rear set—2,200 cubic inches up front. Total 5,500 cubic inches of space.
- Not waterproof
- Waterproof inner liner included
- GT-54s come with a integrated tent/tent pole holder
- Price is a little higher than other models, you decide if it’s worth it to you.
- Lots of pockets and zippers to organize stuff
- Easy mount/dismount clips
- Ridiculously large.
- Upwards of 6,800 cubic inches on only the rear packs!
- Not waterproof and require rain covers
- Lots of zip-offs and options
- Looks complicated to mount
- Canadian company
- Waterproof panniers available
- Average sized, 1,100 cubic inches up front, between 2,800 and 3,400 on the rear.
- Not too pretty. Colors are not very inspiring.
- They are very inexpensive.
- Famous for the Front/Back roller series and matching Bike Packer series. Load up for the ultimate trek.
- 2,441 cubic inch rear set—-2,441 cubic inch front set. Total 4,882 cubic inches of space.
- Very waterproof
- Interior pocket and outside pockets with water draining slots on the Bike Packer rears.
- Reasonable price
- Not a lot of pockets
- Super simple & easy mounting/dismounting
- Offers a seriously impressive line of panniers.
- Five lines in fact: Discover, Aqua, H20 Proof, Roadmaster, and Traveler
- Lots of color options
- Roadmaster series offers serious space in a stylish package with a rear rack that has a detachable top pack.
- The H20 proof does exactly what you expect it to
- Similar set-up to Ortlieb panniers, similar mounting system too.
- Surprisingly low-priced
Ok, that was very tiring and I have to get back to work. More posts on the way. Don’t forget to check out www.theultimatetrek.com if you’ve got the time.